Thu, 09 Nov|
Mental Health within HIV Guidelines
Mental Health within HIV care guidelines is a follow-up webinar to explore some of the issues involved in updating existing standards of mental health care for people living with HIV in Europe and Central Asia.
Time & Location
09 Nov, 17:00 – 18:30 CET
About the Event
Over the past few years, the European AIDS Treatment Group (EATG) has been working in a focused way on various aspects of HIV & Mental Health. During a couple of webinars on this topic earlier this year, the need was identified for updated HIV care guidelines across Europe and Central Asia that included more detail about mental health. For example, previous webinar participants noted services and professionals using outdated mental health diagnostic criteria or guidelines, e.g. being a trans person seen as a mental health disorder; lacking awareness of the complexities of living with HIV; and using outdated stigmatising approaches in the mental health care of people living with HIV.
Mental Health within HIV care guidelines is a follow-up webinar to explore some of the issues involved in updating existing standards of mental health care for people living with HIV in Europe and Central Asia. Updated standards relative to the mental health of people living with HIV could be more comprehensive, including serious as well as more common conditions, impacts of ageing, stigma, referral protocols back and forth across clinical and community settings, issues specific to adolescents, competencies for all providers whether professionals or lay/peers, etc.
The webinar is open to people involved in developing and updating HIV care guidelines relative to the mental health of people living with HIV, professionals and lay/peer/community workers in the field, pharmaceutical representatives, researchers, and people living with HIV with expertise on the issues. Live interpretation in English and Russian will be provided.
After the webinar, a summary will be produced of initial recommendations for updating existing HIV care guidelines to better address the mental health needs of people living with HIV.
Link for registration
To attend the webinar, please register here.
- 17:00 – 17:05 Introduction of Webinar and Speakers – Mario Cascio, Webinar Chair Panel Discussion
- 17:05 – 17:20 Tomás Campbell: Psychological support for adults and adolescents living with HIV: Improving standards of care
- 17:20 – 17:25 Questions for clarification – Bryan Teixeira, Discussion Moderator
- 17:25 – 17:40 Lena Nechosina: Uniting the Mental Health and HIV Care Continuums: Improving standards and services.
- 17:40 – 17:45 Questions for clarification – Bryan Teixeira
- 17:45 – 18:00 Peter Zajc: Mental Healthcare Standards – Perspectives from the HIV Clinic, Ljubljana.
- 18:00 – 18:05 Questions for clarification – Bryan Teixeira Open Discussion
- 18:05 – 18:25 Open Discussion – Bryan Teixeira
- 18:25 – 18:30 Closing Remarks – Mario Casio
Questions about the event? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org